Monday, July 24, 2006

Drill With Columbus SWAT

I know, this is way overdo...

A few weeks ago, my unit had the opportunity to train with the Columbus SWAT. It was a unique experience for the SWAT to teach us their methods of clearing buildings. Though their method is geared towards a more civilian use, I believe that we can take some of the things we learned and apply them for a military purpose. In addition, we had an awards ceremony in which a number of Marines were awarded a bronze star and commendation medals. You can read about them here: Columbus Dispatch.

In other news, a number of people have expressed interest in my newly painted apartment. Well, here are a few photos I have taken of my room; I still need to add some things to my walls like pictures and stuff, but this is a good start for a first time.
Before

Bedroom BeforeBedroom Before

After

Bedroom AfterBedroom After

I really like having a mini fridge in my room; keeps the roommates out of my stash. And if anyone is interested, the paint color I chose is called Soba from the Martha Stewart Collection. To answer some questions, yes I did pick out everything myself and curtains cost too much money.

2 comments:

SABRINA said...

I am highly impressed by your choice of not only color but also bedding. Did you pick it all out yourself? Did you purchase you bedroom furniture? I really like that. Is it dark wood, or is it black?

James McCauley said...

Yes, I did pick out everything myself. My mother paid for a large part of my furniture and it took us a very long time to find it. The furniture is black and I can't believe how much it costs for just 2 window curtains.