Monday, September 25, 2006

When It Rains, It Pours

Last night, my mother called me to tell me that my uncle is in critical condition in the hospital; the doctors give him 24 hours. I don't know how to react to this news. I am already hurting from some other stuff going on and now this. My mother wants to fly out to Washington state to see him and wants me to come with her. I really want to, but I have problems with missing some tests in school and the plane ticket is over $600.

Outside my immediate family, my uncle is really the only other family I have. Through the years, he and his wife have supported me in so many ways with my mission trips and life. He always brought a smile to my face with his constant humor and high spirit of life. Now he lies in a hospital, on the other side of the country, waiting to die and I cannot be there with him right now.

I don't know what to do. Sometimes, I feel like giving everything up and leaving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a good man. Hold on.


- Jen

ceebee23 said...

james,

I do not know really what to say but I just want you to know I am thinking of you and your family right now.

Please take care

chris