Saturday, September 16, 2006

Whitewater Rafting

Whitewater Rafting

Last weekend, I was able to experience the rapids of the Gulley River in West Virginia. That is me in the front wearing a brown fleece. This was the first time I have ever done this and thoroughly enjoyed it, though the water was freezing cold. Moreover, I never fell out; I was told that I would probably fall out a few times. Never did, but did come close a few times. I really do not see how people get hurt doing this stuff. Our raft guide did not like me taking pictures, with a waterproof camera, during the rapids, but I tend to not listen when I really want to do something. (the photos came out horribly)

In addition, we were able to experience “The Mystery Hole.” After paying a small admission charge of $5, we ventured down into “The Mystery Hole.” Let me just say this, it was one of the most retarded things I have ever witnessed and experienced; we paid too much admission charge. Plus, due to their rules, no cameras were allowed to take photos inside, so I have this photo taken outside “The Mystery Hole.”

Mystery Hole

Just imagine what a white trash trailer park would do for a local attraction and that would set you up mentally for how dumb this thing was.

1 comment:

StormICQ said...

So who took this picture? Was it like a ride at Disney where they get the shot at the perfect spot!
JK Its a great shot!
Glad to see someone also likes taking road trips. I thought I was the only one!