Thursday, September 08, 2005

The O.C.

Due to the recent amount of free time I’ve had, I have been able to view a great deal of movies. After a certain point, we watch all the movies available and must find other things to watch. So, with that, we resort to watch seasons of television shows ranging from Las Vegas to Unsolved Mysteries, whatever our PX has available for sale. A buddy of mine sent me 4 seasons of Star Trek Enterprise and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it all and it entertained me for a good amount of time. For a while, my room was watching the seasons of Smallville. I never got too into the show. Recently, my room starting watching The O.C. and I must admit, I never thought I would watch a show like that, but the episode I saw was pretty interesting so I stayed around and watched the next 3 episodes. I am now addicted to watching the show and seeing how the drama unfolds. For those unfamiliar with the show, I can sum it up as a soap opera but geared towards a younger demographic.

So, in just 2 days, I managed to blow thorough the entire first season and now working on season 2. I know, my life is dull when I’m not out conducting missions or operations. By the way, the show also has some good music in it. If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, check out The O.C.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I chuckled when I saw your post, because something similar happened to me with the show "Felicity". I was home sick one weekend and found myself completely intrigued by the social situations of show. So of course I spent the next week watching Season II. I haven't been able to swallow my pride to spend the $50 for season III yet, but I think it's going to happen--so I totally hear you!

While looking for season III the other day I stumbled across boxed sets of Dawson's Creek, Law and Order, and then saw the Dukes of Hazzard and Wonder Woman. Now that I'm back in grad school I hesitate to get into a new show--it's addicting!

Anyway, glad to hear that things are kind of "boring" for once. So glad you are coming home!

:) Candice

prozaciswack said...

good music indeed but I can't say that I'm a fan...i'm actually a little ashamed of you James!

Anonymous said...

the o.c. is awesome. season 3 starts tonight! im happy to hear my husband, cpl elliott, isnt the only guy over there watching it, hehe.

Larry said...

Wow..you must really be bored! Of course I can't really say anything. I got caught up in 90210 when it first came out. Just don't tell anyone...

Anonymous said...

A word to the wise.

There is something called Operational Security, or OPSEC.

Your photo journal and this blog violate OPSEC on many, many levels. This has not gone unnoticed by those that have an interest in your AO.

It's one thing to have a unified area by which to contact family and friends, it's another to have a near after-action report after every patrol. You name operations, locations, your unit, your name, and the names of the Marines you work with. I have seen pictures on your site that should not be available to anyone that can search the name of your location on the internet.

At this point it's very likely too late to prevent any of those that would enforce punishment for your violoations from seeing what you hav e here.

If I can find this site and gather intel from it about you and your unit, so can the enemy. I pray that it did not aid any of them in the last few months.

Like I said, at this point it's too late. At the very least delete everything you have hosted here as soon as you can.

Just some advice. If you have questions, let me know.