Saturday, February 10, 2007

Long Nights

In recent weeks, I have been having sleeping problems again and tonight I thought what better way to spend my sleeping time than to blog! Since I have not really posted much material in the last few months, I think I need to get an update out there for people who don’t see me very often. Here it goes...

Last quarter I was dealing with a number of issues and a lot of stress and sickness. Yet after skipping at least half my classes, I still managed a 3.33 GPA for that quarter (this is why I call it Wright High and not Wright State). This quarter, I have decided to go only half-time since I was anticipated another active duty stint in the Corps, but since they don’t want me, I guess I will have to stick it out around here for a bit longer.

In the meantime, I try to fill a lot of my free time with road trips to wherever I feel like going. In December, I drove to Niagara Falls, Canada and Quantico, Virginia. I mostly went to the Falls just to get out of the country for a bit, even if it is Canada and Quantico was for a visit to the National Museum of the Marine Corps. I strongly recommend that trip to anyone interested in military history. In addition, last month I made a trip out to Atlantic City just to check it out; it is nowhere near as nice as Las Vegas. Here are just a few photos of my recent travels (you must go to my flickr page to see them all):

National Museum of the Marine Corps Christmas Tree The Forgotten War

So this is just a brief on the surface update of what I’ve been up to lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I prayed for you this morning - I heard something on the news this morning about the new resolution congress is drafting in regards to war and presidential power...wondered how you were. Still praying for you. Glad to see that you are hanging in there. - Candice

Matthew 7:7-8

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you've used this time that you have in your life to see some of the US. What an opportunity! - Candice