Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sergeant

In case no one noticed my new headline, I was promoted to Sergeant last month. I was really somewhat surprised to pick it up faster than Corporal, but you will hear no complaints from me. I look forward to being a squad leader and the training of junior Marines.

Unfortunately, I am also unable to volunteer to serve another tour because my battalion will not let anyone go. I am not very pleased with this at all but will have 4 weeks in Australia this summer for our annual training to look forward to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarge.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I was thinking of you when they did a special on the marines of Lima Company on abc the other day. They were building a house for a marine who helped out during 9/11 and the Lima Company marines helped out and also welcomed him in to his new home. It was pretty sweet

ceebee23 said...

congratulations Sgt.!

I hope you enjoy training cycle down here in the land downunder!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations SGT.

I hope you enjoy your time down here in gorgeous Australia.

Let me know if you'd like to chat about what you might expect (i'm serving with the Australian Army.)

warm_cow@hotmail.com (msn)