Monday, February 20, 2006

GQ's - This is Our War: A Soldiers' Portfolio

GQ is asking service members, serving in Iraq, for their pictures of the war. So, they created a forum for marines, soldiers, sailors, and airmen to post their pictures and comments. Every month, the editors at GQ will select the best photo they receive and the winning photographer will be awarded a new Canon PowerShot SD450.

With that, I submitted some of my photos and as you know it, last week I received a email from one of the editors saying that I won the digital camera. Needless to say, I am really excited to hear that! And the very next morning, on my doorstep was my new camera; I love it! It takes some great pictures, small in size, plus great video - something my old camera didn't do very well. This is the link to the picture they choose.

In addition, I was also interviewed by Marine Corps Public Affairs, in New York City, for a Marine article. Here is also the link: click here.

6 comments:

Allie said...

Congrats on the winning picture and the recognition in the article.
Thats really cool.

Larry said...

Congratulations man! I love all of the pictures that you took while you were over there. Some of them are even worthy to grace the cover of Time Magazine if you ask me.

prozaciswack said...

Yes...awesome pics...the best part is that you have so many pictures that are even better than that one...wonder if you can win twice.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see some good coming out of all that is over there-even if it's just so people learn what it's really like. A picture is worth a 1000 words. CB

PapaBob said...

Thats incredible, Corporal. I loved your pictures, you deff have some talent with that camera. and congrats oon the recognition and the contest

Anonymous said...

Nice, man! I like it.

I've really appreciated your pictures from Iraq.