Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Marine Firefight Investigated

Here is a story that I found very interesting considering I once walked and fought in the same streets where these Marines have fought.

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,91337,00.html?ESRC=marine-a.nl

This story also invoked great anger towards the reporter who is reporting this bs.
IED followed by enemy small arms fire; so what did the reporter expect the Marines to do? Just take cover and take a few minutes to determine who is the enemy and who is not when in fact the enemy blends into the local populace a lot of times, while the whole time taking small arms fire. I don't know what the hell the media is doing with reporting this war.

"Military officials will try to determine whether the Marines positively identified or tried to identify the enemy and whether they determined there was hostile intent, as they are supposed to do."

This is the best statement out of this story; I guess IEDs and small arms fire don't really count as hostile intent.

2 comments:

Larry said...

"Military officials will try to determine whether the Marines positively identified or tried to identify the enemy and whether they determined there was hostile intent, as they are supposed to do."

That is the dumbest comment I have ever seen reported in my life. That reporter needs to be drug out into the street and shot at to see if he can positively identify who is actually shooting. What an idiot!

Anonymous said...

The whole time you were deployed I never saw Time cover an article on Haditha. Now they dedicate 4 web pages to an even that is anti-Marine. Not only will I never buy that crap, I feel guilty reading it in a doctor's office.