Friday, April 28, 2006

In case you haven't seen my face lately...

Recently, I was involved in a little motorcycle accident. I was not paying attention and looking off to the left when traffic in front of me was stopping. Then by the time I looked forward and saw all of this, it was too late and I ran into the back of a Jeep Liberty. I pretty much just ran into the back of the Jeep then fell over to the left; no flipping over or anything crazy. Right after it happened, I just got up and was kind of in a daze. The guy I hit came out and was worried about me, but I’m a pretty tough guy and so we just moved the bike off the road. By that time, another man, who is a paramedic, pulled over when he saw what had happened. At this time, my chin is just dripping all kinds of blood and my forehead was not looking too good, so the paramedic did a nice bandage job on my face. They all thought that I should go to ER right away, but I said that I would be able to drive myself, so the guy I hit, drove me home and I drove myself to ER. Oh, in case you all were wondering, I was not wearing my helmet; it was too nice a day for that!

Unfortunately, the bike was totaled, but that's what insurance is for. As for me, I suffered only a laceration on my chin, banged up forehead, bruised left knee, scrapes on both knees and hands, and just recently found out that I did break a small part of my left shoulder blade. Nothing too much too worry about when you are on some nice painkillers.

Before ................................................................ .....After
2001 Yamaha YZFR600 Wreckded 2001 Yamaha YZFR600

5 comments:

SABRINA said...

I am not even going to get started on you James McCauley... I hope you learned your lesson! I am glad you are ok though. God was watching your back.

Anonymous said...

Holy macaroni...take it easy there and allow yourself time to heal... Candice

ceebee23 said...

mmm..James, I think you were almost safer in iraq!!! first the racoon incident and now the bike!!

eeek!!

Joel said...

You had better thank God for your guardian angel, cause that boy works over time for you.

My schedule is more free now...let's set up something soon...

Cigar Blog Moderator said...

I'd like to use one of your flickr photos on my blog. Please contact me at cigarsonline@gmail.com.