Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Raccoons....

I don't know if I have this attraction or my vehicles have it or not, but for some reason when I drive, animals get this thing were they just want to wander in front of my moving vehicle. I don't know, maybe they are suicidal I just keep ending up at the wrong place at the wrong time when a animal wants to have an assisted suicide by wandering around on a road waiting for a fast moving vehicle to squeeze the life out of their body.

I don't know.

All I know is that somehow a fricken raccoon has caused over $3000 of damage to my car. How you may ask, well as I was leaving Springfield and heading west on Route 4, on Sunday night, a raccoon ran out in front of my car and I didn't even have time to think about stopping before he got whacked. I really did not put much thought into what just occurred because well, I really don't care about some animal running out in front of my car and it was a small animal. A few miles down the road, I look down at my gauges and noticed that my engine was really overheating, and that's when I realized that the raccoon has just produced an angry response from me and jacked up my car. So, I decided that I need to take the next exit and stop my car as soon as possible, but just right before the exit, my car just shuts off and that's when I realized that I now have a major problem on my hand. That is also about the time that I had evil thoughts toward that raccoon and would like to cause further harm to it but cannot since, well, it is already dead.

So, there I am, parked on the side of the road, on an exit ramp, waiting for my car to cool down and inspecting the damage. At the same time, making some phone calls to find the closest car shop and secure a ride home after I drop off my car. And this is just the beginning. Stay tuned, more to come tomorrow.

1 comment:

ZaijiaN said...

Perhaps we should go varminting.

After all, I need to break my new rifle in...