Tuesday, January 04, 2005

1st Day of Duty

Well, today was the 1st day of my activation and it went pretty slow. As a matter of fact, all I did was sign my orders, do another gear inspection, and got one of the new flak jacket covers (they are all brown and contain IR inhibitors). The rest of the time was pretty much sitting around reading a little bit of Spare Parts and fighting off sleep. Thankfully, they will only keep us 0800 to about 1700. I might even get off early Saturday and be able to come in a little bit late on Sunday; won't know till later this week.

From what I can tell, the other Marines are positive about our mobilization. We just don't like to put up with this 1st week of waiting around doing paperwork and such. Just to let everyone know, I will be sending out a email later this week with my address and some other information. If someone wants the information and I don't email them, then talk to Pastor Larry or leave me a comment. I can't really put such information here due to operational security. That's all for now. I will try to blog and flickr as much as I can in the coming months.

No comments: