Sunday, January 09, 2005

Goodbye Everyone

It's that time. I will be flying to California tomorrow and begin my intense training. If you didn't get a email from me about what I am doing, my address, and such, then contact me via email and I might be able to get something to you soon. Well, here is what I send out minus my address.

Well everyone, it is time for me to say my final goodbyes. I will be flying to California on Monday for some serious training to prepare me for Iraq in March. My unit is out of Columbus, Ohio and is called Lima Company, 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines (or 3/25 for short). I just wanted to take this time to thank everyone for such tremendous support I get, from you, for what I do. It means a great deal to me and it makes it easier knowing that I have a lot of people that care and love me back home. Thank you once again.

I will have very limited access to email and really won't know till I get there. As soon as I know my address in Iraq, I will try to get it out to everyone. When I do get to Iraq, the Marine Corps has a new system in place that you can type me a message on line and it will be sent via email to the post office in Iraq, printed, and then sealed in a envelope. In about 24 hours it is delivered to me. I can not reply the same way. Here is the link: http://www.motomail.us/. Please keep in mind, that you can't do this until I am in Iraq. By the way, I hear it takes about 2 weeks for me to get mail in Iraq and about 1 week for me to send it out (assuming the mail isn't lost or blown up in transit).
Some people have asked me if I will be needing anything when I am gone. Well, while in California, I really won't be needing too much, but in Iraq I will. Here is a list, but if you think of anything else, surprise me. Also, if you can get travel sizes, that would help a lot.
hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes, baby wipes
athletes foot cream/powder
cough drops
q-tips
Tylenol, etc...
sunscreen
lotion
neosporin, anti-itch cream
tissue packs
deodorant, mouth wash, shampoo
eye drops, vitamins
Any kind of snack or candy will be great (please no chocolate due to heat) power bars, gatorade mix, sugarless gum, canned fruit, hard candy, etc...
batteries (AA/AAA)
ziplock bags, insect repellent (DEET)
journal paper, paper, pens, envelopes, computer spray
seek & find puzzles, nerf balls
pictures, books, magazines, DVDs
Alright, that's about it for now. Please pray for me to have strength and guidance. I am proud to be serving and helping give Iraq freedom. If all goes well, my tour in Iraq will only be about 7 months. Take care and I hope to hear from you soon.

1 comment:

prozaciswack said...

Hey man, take care and good luck. We'll all be prayin for ya back home, don't forget that! I know that God has an awesome journey in store for you...enjoy it!