Monday, December 05, 2005

NYC

Well, with a long year behind me, I have finally arranged to take a short vacation. Originally I wanted to go on a cruise somewhere, but I decided to put that on hold to next year. Instead, I will be going to New York City and staying in Manhattan this week for 5 days. It's been a dream of mine to visit New York and now I get a chance to visit it for a bit. Some points of interest I am looking forward to seeing is the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, and the New York Stock Exchange. Of course there will be some quality shopping to do as well.
Any suggestions of places to go?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live across the river in NJ but can see the Manhattan skyline. Hope you have a great time in the Big Apple. The holiday season is the perfect time to see the sights and sounds of the city. ENJOY!!!! You certainly deserve it!

Anonymous said...

If you like beer, go to the Ginger Man!! :)

11 East 36th Street
New York, New York, 10016
United States
phone: (212) 532-3740

here's a review:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1030/

Have a wonderful time! :)

Anonymous said...

James,
I'm so happy for you to get a vacation and to get to go to NY! Fabulous! Are you going with friends?

For the first time I'm going to DC after Christams through New Years and can't wait to tour the city.

Enjoy!
Candice

Erin said...

Well, I'm glad your life hasn't been exciting enough to update like you did in Iraq. Thanks for the nice comments on my site. Praying for you guys is my pleasure. It's a whole different world and life lived over there. :) Glad you're back and have a great vacation. Haven't been to NYC since I was about 4,so I really have no where to suggest checking out.

SABRINA said...

Are you gonna post any pics from your NYC trip?

Anonymous said...

Hey james how r u? I just got out of the military. But my parents that are in switzerland send me your profile. They still worry im going to go back to iraq. Anyways i read your profile i just want to tell you good luck. And for shooping go to 5th Avenue enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

By the way, if you are interested in a cruise -- Discovery Cruise is offering a free cruise for military personnel that have served (or are serving) in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Allie said...

Love the pics....reminds me of my weekend trips to the city when I lived in Erie, PA.
I need to go again soon.