Monday, October 16, 2006

Chugging Along

Last week I found out that I probably have had bronchitis for the last 3 weeks. Well, that is what the doctor told me on Tuesday anyways. I finally got tired of coughing so much and just feeling really horrible at times, so I did go to the VA to be checked out. They just gave me 3 doses of antibiotics and I am feeling a lot better now, but I still cough occasionally. I thought 3 doses was kind of small, but that’s what I get for going to the VA I suppose.

Some good news to report, I guess having a lot of stress and being sick helps you lose weight. For almost the past month, I just have had no appetite and now I weigh 14 pounds less than last month. Not the way I wanted to go about losing my post deployment weight gain, but it will work I guess. And classes, well I had to miss several the last couple of weeks because I was sick and now I am trying to play catch up so that I can still bust out some good grades.

4 comments:

ceebee23 said...

good to hear you have got on top of the cough!

I hope you're doing ok! ...you have had a pretty rough time of it but I am sure you will be fine soon.

take care mate!

Anonymous said...

James,
You've been in my prayers...so glad that you found a few moments of peace.
Candice

Anonymous said...

okay, i can not imagine you needing to lose weight
p.s. i miss you guys!

Nausheen said...

Good Day!

Dear James McCauley,

We are trying to contact you regarding a photograph of yours to be used in one of our forthcoming book.

Please contact me regarding the same at nausheen.abidi@oup.com

Warm Regards,
Nausheen