Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Miserable End for a Miserable Week

Well, last night they took my uncle off life support and he died shortly thereafter.

I got back to Dayton late last night and I do not know what I should feel about all of this now other than the fact that it is better for him to come off that damn machine. Apparently, he has been on it for most of last month and only wanted to be on it for a week. He has been unresponsive for most of that time as well, though the doctors told us he was able to hear us.

It was so hard to talk to him while seeing him in that condition.

My flight home was the worst ever. Screaming babies, missed flights, and of course my luggage which is somewhere out there. And to add to all of this misery, I have some kind of sickness for the past 2 weeks which is getting worse. It is rare for me to get sick except with a cold or something, but now this.

5 comments:

ceebee23 said...

James,

My condolances to you and your family over the passing of your uncle.

I know the past weeks have been very difficult and I hope you will feel better soon

chris

Anonymous said...

Oh man dude... I'm sorry man. I'm not one to go around quoting Scripture, but this was shared last week when Casey's mom died, and I think it's good.

Psalm 18

1I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.

2The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Joel said...

I'm here bro if you need anything. Seriously. I'm not just saying that. Call me if you want.

Isaiah 43:1-3
1 But now, this is what the Lord says-- he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. 3 For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

StormICQ said...

I’m sorry for your loss. My mother died in December and it is still very hard on me.
I just keep trying to make her proud of me. I’m 36 and still feel like a failed her.
I think from what I read about your uncle, he would want you to keep your head up and know things do get better. Even for him. I’m sure you have heard this a million times but he is in a better place!

Joel said...

Hey dood...another comment. SA Airlines lost my luggage in Lusaka, Zambia. I have a miracle story just out of that situation of how God uses even lost luggage for His glory and the shaping of our hearts to His purpose. I can relate. I wore the same clothes for four days straight in Zambia (I know that doesn't compare to a marine in Iraq wearing the same thing for two weeks, but it was part of my experience).