Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Operation Talisman Saber

Tomorrow morning, my unit, Lima Company, departs on a bus to Cleveland where we will debark on a long journey to the down under of Australia. We will be part of the Operation known as Talisman Saber. As far as I know what we will be doing exactly, I really don’t know yet, but we will be out training with the Australian army for almost 2 weeks of non-stop field training near the city of Rockhampton, Queensland.

With that being said, I am really looking forward to spending some good quality time training my squad of Marines and just really spending time with some very close friends that I have in the Marine Corps. I also look forward to spending some quality time out of the United States because it has been too long since I have visited an overseas country (2 years!). I will be able to just relax a bit from my life here at home and just enjoy the company of some really great men of our time. So with that, I have 3 gigs of memory cards for my digital camera as well as 3 battery packs for it! Needless to say, I will be doing what I do best; taking pictures when I should probably be shooting or dodging bullets (no dodging of bullets will be happening during this deployment).

For those that will be missing my company, I will be back home around July 6th. Until the meantime, I will be cut off from the civilized world and enjoying some of God’s beautiful creation in the outback.

3 comments:

Joel said...

As I told ya...I'm praying for ya bro. Talk with you when you get back.

prozaciswack said...

have fun

Anonymous said...

awesome - have a great day! - candice