Tuesday, November 23, 2004

AE Retreat

Last weekend, Alternative Edge youth ministries held its annual retreat. This year was another great year for the youth group to bond and get real with God. I had the opportunity to get to know some of the youth that I didn't really know before the retreat. I think that the whole youth group got to know me as well, especially when I was "the Marine." I think this is the first year that I felt like a bad guy or a parent. I hate to feel that way and to have to keep on saying don't do that, get your legs off him, don't throw pens at people with the mic, be quiet, ok shut up, etc... Oh, and the trash that was left everywhere outside; it was bad. A camp employee stopped me and told me about it and I did not like to hear it because it does not look good for us.

Well, besides that, it wasn't all that bad. I had a good time and was able to get away for a bit. I jogged through the woods and was able to check out a lot of the camp that I never have seen before. It was very nice and peaceful, just the quiet stir of the wind through the woods. I know that there were some bonds broken during Saturday night’s service. Josh took the mic and just spoke some great things to the teens to let go and give it to God. He had them write down their problems and addictions on a sheet of paper. Afterwards, we burned it. Some relationships were healed as well.

I was able to lay some things before God that have been bothering me lately. Mainly worries about my future and what’s in store for me. Hopefully this won’t be my last retreat.

1 comment:

prozaciswack said...

Amen, it was a great experience and camp crud is very peaceful...when everybody is asleep. Already looking forward to next year!