Thursday, March 31, 2005

Corporal

Finally after 2.5 years as a Lance Corporal, I am being promoted today to the rank of Corporal. That is E-4 which in the Corps means I will become a Non-Commissioned Officer. I am very excited about it. One because I get more pay and two I will be treated a little bit better with the perks that comes from being a NCO in the Marine Corps. Technically, I am supposed to be promoted tomorrow on the 1st of the month, but due to operations, that can't always happen. So if any one reads this and sends me mail, please make the switch to Cpl. McCauley. Thanks.

4 comments:

ceebee23 said...

mate, congratulations ...the one rule in the military is rank...rank and then rank!!!

but rank means responsibilty to....all I can say is good luck and stay safe!!!

chris b.
australia

prozaciswack said...

Whooo! Go James! that's awesome dude.

Erin said...

Wow! That's great. I have two good marine buds who are currently in Iraq. My bro is Army and he is also a combat vet which is wierd because like you said, you think of them as old guys. My bro is 22 almost 23. Not quite old yet. He was in Iraq when the war started, so he got to do really fun things! Like get lost in the vast desert even with global tracking.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Now your an NCO and you get those blood stripes on the dress blues. Welcome to the club!
jp, EMC(SS/SW) USN,ret.; father of Matt, USMC LCpl, 4th AABN, 4th MARDIV