Thursday, March 10, 2005

A High Powered Freedom

A High Powered Freedom

High upon a block suppressant, concealing the liquid might of nature.
High above a valley, lights scattered and squandered.
Almost a vivid reflection of the stars above, the stream blocks the conjoining pattern.
A constant power wind rushes over the peak, grazing across the remianded lake off into the distance.
I feel a sense of flight, a sense of longingness to fly. And fly far away I shall into the distance.
Away from the sulfur scented ways, far from the moans of machines, I take a breath, a somber and longing lover’s breath.
Smiling from my companion’s image and notional scent, I close my eyes and take my flight.
Across the gorge and through the trees, I open my eyes and find my way back leaning against the rail.
Weapons slung standing amongst the wire and armor.
Reiniforced turrets and heavy guns in place, I find myself oddly and silently at home.
A smooth sadness accompany with an empty heart. I zoom out to my self, a mere soul.
A non-significant Marine standing guard over your costly freedom.
A freedom that you complain, a freedom that costs you so little.
Sleep safe America and know that my food tastes better day after day.

Lance Corporal Cohen, A.J.

No comments: