Thursday, March 10, 2005

Different Time Zones

One thing that I have come to hate about being on the other side of the world is the fact that I am 8 hours ahead of everyone that I know back home. So, when it is 8PM for me, it is only 12PM back home. So that means that people are usually still at work and such. This causes a problem when I get a chance to use the phones. First, I must wait like 2-3 hours to use the phones (sometimes the wait is longer). Then, I have 30 minutes to call people. Usually I make a call to my mother, then to other family and friends. The only person who I virtually always get is my mother, other than that, I have an extremely hard time getting ahold of people back home. This saddens me because I would like to talk to my friends and see what's up. Email works, but voice is better is a faster way to carry on a conversation.
In other news, I hate stairs, the smell and taste of sulfur in the air, and the long periods of boredom that results when one's country occupies another. Plus, not knowing what I will be doing tomorrow, or the fact that I don't even know what I will be doing today kinda sucks as well. I suppose it doesn't really matter because when I do find out stuff, it usually changes anyways.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hey James. Just thought I'd say hi. I was thinking about you today. You're in my prayers.