Monday, April 18, 2005

Adopt-A-Platoon

To balance out bad days with some good ones; I have received packages from two people via adopt-a-platoon. I had no idea that my name was in such a system, but apparently it is a non-profit organization that hooks up people with troops around the world. I was pleasantly surprised to find that a man from Pennsylvania and a lady from New Hampshire have sent me some nice care packages and letters. I just think that is awesome to have someone I don’t even know, write to me when I am half way around the world. I have friends back home that don’t write, yet these strangers will.

I just want to acknowledge and say thank you to Mr. Dave Benner of Pennsylvania and Ms. Candy Brown of New Hampshire.

2 comments:

ceebee23 said...

James, I am so glad you have been "adopted".

There are many people out there support you and your buddies in the hard work you are doing.

I wish you well ..just take care and look after yourself!!!

Anonymous said...

thx for pic. keeps me n touch with son Lcpl Reynolds every1 A work njoys them 2. Wish you all safe and quiet days. keep up good work we are proud of u guys here back home.