Thursday, October 27, 2005

Its Official

Yep its official, I hate my Dell Laptop. Its been almost a month since it just went crazy on me and decided not to boot up and give me some weird error message. It worked fine during the many months of the summer heat and dust of Iraq, but on the way home, it gave up on me.
Normally, I wouldn't mind this all too much and would just reformat the hard drive and reinstall everything. Though this time, I have a great deal of pictures and videos from my deployment that I really can't live without. So right now, I am having Aaron and his dad look at it for me. There is hope, I think I will be able to save my personal files.

In other news, over the weekend, 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines were honored at the Cleveland Browns game on Sunday. I was able to get a ticket to go and about 20 of us were put on the field during the singing of the National Anthem. It was a pretty amazing feeling hearing the whole stadium cheer for us. We were also able to meet the Romeo Crennel, the Browns head coach, and former Marine Commandant General Krulak. Overall it was a pretty good day, except when the Browns lost.

Also, work at the reserve center in Columbus is going pretty good. I mean, we come in at 0900 and leave by 12 or 1300. That a bad deal really. As for the work part, just cleaning a couple of rifles a day and today was the hardest day so far; we had to count all of the issued gear. That took about 3 hours, then went home for the day. Oh, I just got a phone call and now I don't have to work tomorrow! 3 day weekend, what to do...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What to do??? Play some Halo! I sent you a friend request.

ceebee23 said...

james,

it is great to hear you have got home in one piece even if the laptop didn't!

By the sounds of things it isn't a hard drive problem...and should be recoverable...I hope so!! you take such great pix!!!

as for work ..sounds like the sort of job i could cope with!!

best wishes
chris b.
melbourne, australia

Anonymous said...

It's a relief to know that you are home and dealing with annoying things like computer problems instead of IEDs.

I hope you'll continue to update your blog. I like checking in on you.

CB

PS-January 3 is my 30th bday