Thursday, December 02, 2004

Cafe Boulevard

I'm sorry, but I have to apologize for something I did today. I went to a French restaurant today for dinner. My mother took me out to dinner for my birthday, which was a couple weeks ago, to Cafe Boulevard in the Oregon District in Dayton. It was a very nice place to eat. I ordered the boneless pork chops because it looked like the safest bet for me, but I was wrong. It came with apples, walnuts, and bleu cheese topping and with some kind of zesty sauce. It did not taste good at all. Though, it did come with some asparagus and these little round things of mashed potatoes fried, which was quite interesting and good. For the first time ever, I told the server that I did not like my pork chops and he took it away and I ordered something else. I got the plainest thing on the menu I knew the French couldn't screw up too much; grilled chicken with some veal glaze. It wasn't too bad.

2 comments:

Joel said...

Don't you mean you took your mom out so she could buy you dinner Mr. Driving Ms. Daisy! :)

And i'm deeply affended that you could go that distance as to violate a sacred trust that the French are not worthy of our patronage :) I'm glad you at least told them you didn't like their food! Hoo yah!

prozaciswack said...

Silly french people, they try to make everything way too complicated. Look at all the good and relatively simple Italian food like spaghetti and such...French food has all this "fancy" nasty toppings on everything...what the heck!