Thursday, December 02, 2004

Kudos to Dell

I have to give Dell some points on their customer service in regards to fixing their computers. My cute little dog decided to chew up my AC power cord while I was using the laptop and it was plugged in. Unfortunately, the dog was not shocked and luckily I was able to stop it before it chewed the wire through. I believe the wire was shorted a bit and cause my motherboard to get jacked up. As a result, I could no longer recharge my battery, but everything else still worked while it was plugged in to the AC power. I contacted Dell about this, of course I left out the part of the dog chewing the cord, and they sent me a box to ship my laptop back to them for repair (it is still under warranty). My laptop was picked up on Monday evening on Nov. 29 and was returned to me this morning. It took less than 3 days for it to travel to Tenn., get it fixed, and then sent back to me. I was greatly amazed. Dell replaced my system board and gave me a system Bios update. Good job Dell! Now I can take it with me to Columbus next week and have it to entertain me during my training.

No comments: