Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I Love Snow

That's right, I love snow and I am proud to say it LOUD! You can have a lot more fun in snow that with any other kind of precipitation. I can't wait to go skiing again this season.

Well today, as most of you know, it snowed like fish and gerbils. I got bored from being inside, I decided to shovel snow like a psycho. I spent like 2 hours shovel, spending a little time on the back porch, then moving to the driveway. I even shoveled half the street in front of my house so it would be easier to get in and out of the car. You should see the mounds of snow in front of my house. It is like 5 feet high and about 40 feet long. It did start wearing on my back, perhaps that a sign of old age. I don't know. Anyways, I finished around 8PM and now there is like another 2-3 inches that came back. Guess I will just hit the shovel early in the morning. It also looks like more snow tomorrow and negative low temperatures for Friday. I can't wait.

Joel and I tried to get out for a bit and did not get far. About 8PM, Joel left his house, got stuck twice, and 10 minutes later, arrived at my house. Then, he picks me up and we get like 2 blocks and get stuck on Marion Dr. and Rt. 444. After about 15 minutes of pushing and what have you, a Jeep came by and tugged us free. We then drove to IGA to turn around and get to a intersection down the street from my house. And what do you know, got stuck again. Lucky, we were on a hill and were able to get turned around and decide it would be better if Joel takes his parent's SUV to get me home. No further problems after that. Total trip time: 1 hour. Total distance traveled: less than 5 miles.

No comments: