Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

Deep Frying Turkey

Well, as you can see, I was responsible for cooking the turkey this year. Actually, more like deep frying the turkey this year, which is something new for my family. I must admit, I was a little concerned about my lack of training on deep frying, but it turned out very well in the end and quite delicious, along with the rest of the fixins.

I would also like to take the time to recognize some things, this past year, that I am grateful for.

First and foremost, God's protection over my life and giving me the strength to continue on with the mission during the most trying times.

Family and friends. I have such awesome people backing me up that it just amazes me sometimes. I know that whenever I am gone, there are people who will take care of my mother and my mother will take care of me when I am gone.

The Marines. No better person than a Marine to cover your back in combat.

The Columbus community for showing tremendous support to Lima Company.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we are especially thankful for you and all the brave Marines of 3/25, 2/7, and all the troops working so hard. Thank you.

PapaBob said...

I second that, we are truely thankful for you and your fellow marines.

Plus we are thankful for you as a person and friend.

PapaBob said...

Plus... who deep frys a turkey!?!? Thats just plain untraditional!